Sunday, February 8, 2009

Redfish New Orleans Brewhouse

So my review will not be complete until I eat a full meal here.
BUT, I needed a spot to rave about the fabulous mussels they serve.

So, they call themselves a Brewhouse, however, this is most definately not the feel. No stinky wood slabs, no beer stains on the floor. Walking in you find yourself surrounded by red velvet seats, shiny metal tables and a beautiful slate bar top.
You have now entered a classy brewhouse. One that serves up a rocking good happy hour. Here is where I start to rave about the mussels... (Drumroll) I may even have to visit tonight once I start thinking about them.

This bowl full of mussels, piled high, simmered in wine and butter and herb sauce. Served with crusty toast points. Oh it's heaven. I always ask for extra bread to mop the savory, yet spicy sauce.
Sharing isn't an option once you taste the goodness. Sip a glass of wine alongside the dish and it's a sophisticated and light meal. (Just ignore the bread and butter of course.)

Visit Jamie, and you will meet the cutest bartender in town. If you're a single woman, he may even find you a date at the bar that night...

No comments:

Post a Comment